Often, it is men who hit the headlines for their philandering ways. The picture of uncontainable masculine sex drive is hardwired into our culture and even after decades of feminism we still get a bit itchy around the subject of women’s sexuality.
And yet women are just as prone to cheating as men. But perhaps for very different reasons. Here we take a look at some of the reasons that motivate women to cheat.
Cheating is exciting – regardless of what sex you are
Remember what it was like to feel alive? The electric rush of passion when you shared that first kiss and put skin to skin? That stuff cuts across gender lines. Whether you’re a man or a woman, that familiarity you enjoy with your spouse
Traditional gender roles get boring for women
Women – and this is a generalisation – often place more emphasis on a serious relationship like marriage than men do. Whereas men are often dragged to the altar and wonder what the fuss is about when they get there, women see this as an affirmation of commitment. That means lifelong stability and support in their eyes.
The reality can, for both parties, be very different. Despite attempts to restructure society, it is still more often the case that the woman becomes the homemaker. She’s left at home with chores and children lapping around her feet whilst her spouse is having fun in the office and returning home to his dinner on the table. For some women, unconcerned with status, this is life lived to the fullest. To others, denied their own identity and career and trapped in the home with constant demands on their time it can be hell.
Little wonder then, that if she should find herself with a little male attention from an outside party that she might start to feel hse
Men can be dicks
Sorry to say this, my fellow men, but we can be dicks. Sometimes we can drive our women to cheat on us. We don’t listen to her needs, marking it down as ‘nagging’ with a weary sigh, forgetting that she has feelings the same as us.
2 Comments to Why Women Cheat
People who are ready for a marital affair..
Follow us on Facebook
- Whatever happened to Adultery?
- Is Monogamy No Longer Possible?
- THE GO BETWEEN
- For the latest updates, Follow us on Twitter @seriousadultery
- The Infidelity Epidemic
- Married surgeon, 66, ‘had affair with 39-year-old patient
- Virtual sex: The internet is inspiring a new type of literary love affair
- ‘My wife lets me have affairs’: One ‘happily’ married man defends unusual arrangement (which sees him juggling TEN other women)
- have you got a tale to tell about your adultery or affair?
- A woman scorned
- That’ll teach him: Scorned woman gets her revenge by spray-painting ‘cheater’ and ‘liar’ across her boyfriend’s car
- They’re at it again. Adultery website ‘Out of Town Affairs’ received 52,000 hits in seven months from Parliament computers