We often laugh merrily when a celebrity gets caught in-flagrante outside their marriage. We probably – fairly or unfairly – assume that the emotional damage to their other half might at least be assuaged by some cash, a TV appearance or two or maybe a serialised autobiography deal.
Away from the limelight, those whose partners have cheated can of course face isolation, poverty and emotional heartbreak. And in some parts of the world, even worse fates await those who get caught themselves.
Islamist hardliners in Somalia recently stoned Abas Hussein Abdirahman, 33, to death in front of a crowd of onlookers in the port town of Merka. This is the third such stoning in 2009 and marks the extreme end of anti-adultery feeling. While few of us would condone cheating, we’d probably draw the line at stoning the cheat. Even Somalia’s president – and such a post is very loosely defined in that part of the world at the moment – has felt compelled tp condemn the stoning as ‘un-islamic’.
Nontheless, the good townsfolk of Merka are waiting for the Other Women in this sorry case to give birth so they can stone her too. We’re inclined to say that that is pretty low.
Stoning is still abominably prevalent in parts of the Muslim world in particular. In Iran, stonings continue to be carried out on a regular basis and Somalia, as we have seen is a veritable hotbed for the practice.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
People who are ready for a marital affair..
Follow us on Facebook
- Star Wars’ Real-life Adultery: Carrie Fisher Exposed Her Secret Affair With Harrison Ford
- No comment needed…….
- Mike Pence Argued For Criminalization Of Adultery Before Joining Trump Ticket
- Is Sexting Cheating? One Third Of Brits Don’t Think So
- Revealed: How men and women perceive adultery
- Celebrity’s injunction over extra-marital threesome could be challenged as he is named in US
- Amanda Holden’s anger at ‘guilt-free men getting forgiven’ for marital affairs
- BRITAINS MOST ADULTEROUS TOWN – BEESTON???
- SOUTH KOREA ABANDONS ANTI-ADULTERY LAWS
- UK PARLIAMENT SCANDAL
- WHAT EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT EMOTIONAL AFFAIRS