We often laugh merrily when a celebrity gets caught in-flagrante outside their marriage. We probably – fairly or unfairly – assume that the emotional damage to their other half might at least be assuaged by some cash, a TV appearance or two or maybe a serialised autobiography deal.
Away from the limelight, those whose partners have cheated can of course face isolation, poverty and emotional heartbreak. And in some parts of the world, even worse fates await those who get caught themselves.
Islamist hardliners in Somalia recently stoned Abas Hussein Abdirahman, 33, to death in front of a crowd of onlookers in the port town of Merka. This is the third such stoning in 2009 and marks the extreme end of anti-adultery feeling. While few of us would condone cheating, we’d probably draw the line at stoning the cheat. Even Somalia’s president – and such a post is very loosely defined in that part of the world at the moment – has felt compelled tp condemn the stoning as ‘un-islamic’.
Nontheless, the good townsfolk of Merka are waiting for the Other Women in this sorry case to give birth so they can stone her too. We’re inclined to say that that is pretty low.
Stoning is still abominably prevalent in parts of the Muslim world in particular. In Iran, stonings continue to be carried out on a regular basis and Somalia, as we have seen is a veritable hotbed for the practice.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
People who are ready for a marital affair..
Follow us on Facebook
- WHAT EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT EMOTIONAL AFFAIRS
- CHEATING WIVES OWN UP TO AFFAIRS
- Well reasoned argument, or marketing tie in, you decide.
- Could you be an adulterer? Test yourself with a BBC survey.
- The First Amendment protects a right to engage in adultery?
- Valerie Trierweiler ‘ready to forgive’ Francois Hollande
- A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all our readers
- My Partner Cheated and Says It’s All My Fault
- Chinese official shamed over adultery ‘contract’ that fines bad behaviour
- IS ADULTERY TREATABLE BY PSYCHIATRY?
- Local Official Sacked After Mistress Reports Him for Adultery
- IS ADULTERY A PSYCHIATRIC ILLNESS?