This week’s theme is, without doubt, the consequences of adultery. We’ve seen murders, jailings and ruination. Today is a sad reminder that it isn’t all highjinks and gossip rag tittle-tattle. In Somalia today, a 20 year old female divorcee was stoned to death for sleeping with a 29 year old married man. Somehow, in echo of hypocrisy here at home, he got away with 100 lashes.
The stoning was carried out by the sinister “al Shabab” group – ”the Boys” in English. This is thought to be the second time this year the group has stoned someone to death for adultery and follows hot on the heels of last week’s stoning of Abas Hussein Abdirahman. Under their slightly wacky take on Sharia law, anyone who has ever been married who has an affair can be stoned to death. I’d hate to see what their parking fines are like.
If anything, this illustrates the absolute pointlessness of legal sanctions to contain adultery. You can’t get much worse than being stoned to death in front of the village in terms of deterrent, and yet people will run even that gauntlet for a spot of illicit nookie. Our own cheating housewives have it pretty lucky by comparison.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
People who are ready for a marital affair..
Follow us on Facebook
- AUDI BEATS BMW IN ADULTERY STAKES
- Court Rules London Mayor Boris Johnson’s Alleged Affair ‘In Public Interest’
- Whatever happened to Adultery?
- Is Monogamy No Longer Possible?
- THE GO BETWEEN
- For the latest updates, Follow us on Twitter @seriousadultery
- The Infidelity Epidemic
- Married surgeon, 66, ‘had affair with 39-year-old patient
- Virtual sex: The internet is inspiring a new type of literary love affair
- ‘My wife lets me have affairs’: One ‘happily’ married man defends unusual arrangement (which sees him juggling TEN other women)
- have you got a tale to tell about your adultery or affair?
- A woman scorned