Sex outside the bounds of marriage is still one of society’s great social taboos. We might not place the same emphasis on marriage as our grandparents did, but screwing around is still a massive social taboo in most people’s eyes.
With 40% of UK marriages ending in divorce and infidelity being one of the most commonly-cited reasons we’re all too apparently willing to risk everything for a little sex on the side.
The rise in both online dating sites and sites dedicated specifically to helping would-be adulterers to have an affair must be a contributing factor in this picture. Despite a slew of well-publicised cases where online affairs have spilled over into the world and led to not merely divorces, but even murders, we apparently can’t get enough.
Research has shown that up to 60% of us cheat at some point. If you’re in that demographic then bear in mind that you are playing not just with your own happiness but the happiness of other people too.
The mental strain of maintaining a web of lies and cover stories can easily prove to be too much to handle in the long term and people who congratulate themselves on their cleverness often trip up over something as simple as a text message left on an unguarded phone.
There are a few things you can do if your personal risk/reward analysis favours a fling, regardless of the potential consequences.
Firstly, make sure that you practice safe sex. A sexually transmitted infection or unwanted pregnancy can ruin your life in may ways.
Make sure that you can be honest with the other person – if you’re after a mere shag, you will do yourself no favours by promising your heart to the other person. You’re lying them – and making it doubly dangerous for yourself if the relationship turns sour.
Be discreet – it might sound like a no-brainer, but the more people that know about your infidelities the more chance there is of a slip of the tongue leading to your secret life being blown apart. You might want to confess to a close friend, but give very, very serious consideration as to whether you want more people to know about your affairs.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
People who are ready for a marital affair..
Follow us on Facebook
- Whatever happened to Adultery?
- Is Monogamy No Longer Possible?
- THE GO BETWEEN
- For the latest updates, Follow us on Twitter @seriousadultery
- The Infidelity Epidemic
- Married surgeon, 66, ‘had affair with 39-year-old patient
- Virtual sex: The internet is inspiring a new type of literary love affair
- ‘My wife lets me have affairs’: One ‘happily’ married man defends unusual arrangement (which sees him juggling TEN other women)
- have you got a tale to tell about your adultery or affair?
- A woman scorned
- That’ll teach him: Scorned woman gets her revenge by spray-painting ‘cheater’ and ‘liar’ across her boyfriend’s car
- They’re at it again. Adultery website ‘Out of Town Affairs’ received 52,000 hits in seven months from Parliament computers