It’s been quite the week for cheaters at the evil end of the scale already. Yesterday we reported on the case of Lucasz Reszpondek who killed the woman he’d been having an affair with in order to make sure his wife didn’t find out.
Today, the medical profession is reeling from the news that Edward Erin – a consultant at a central London hospital – was cheating on his wife. Nothing too out of the ordinary there.
But then his lover fell pregnant. Terrified of the fallout, he set about the issue as any normal man would: he spoke honestly to his wife about what happened and promised his lover that he would stand by her for emotional and financial support as far as his circumstances would allow.
Just joking: he tried to feed her poison to induce an abortion.
Bizarrely, his wife has announced that she is prepared to “stand by her man”, even as he faces 6 years in chokey. This despite Judge Richard Hone’s accurate description of him:
“You are a flawed character. One part of you is a doctor caring for his patients. But your other part is self-centred, vainglorious and irresponsible. The three affairs … illustrate how you exploited your senior position as a consultant respiratory physician to lure women into sexual relations. Your property wealth, tailored wardrobe, high lifestyle, illicit weekends and expensive trinkets dazzled those whom you designed to seduce. You are clever, but also devious and dishonest. You inhabited a fantasy world.”
As in so many cases, Erin is now free to spend a lifetime to reflect that a few exciting shags on the side can cost way more than the price of a cheap hotel room and a couple of drinks. The silver lining to this cloud is that he failed in his attempts to kill his unborn son, and Ernie is now a healthy two year old. Let’s hope he doesn’t grow up like his dad.
2 Comments to Edward Erin: Adulterer and All-round Evil Man
Leave a comment
People who are ready for a marital affair..
Follow us on Facebook
- AUDI BEATS BMW IN ADULTERY STAKES
- Court Rules London Mayor Boris Johnson’s Alleged Affair ‘In Public Interest’
- Whatever happened to Adultery?
- Is Monogamy No Longer Possible?
- THE GO BETWEEN
- For the latest updates, Follow us on Twitter @seriousadultery
- The Infidelity Epidemic
- Married surgeon, 66, ‘had affair with 39-year-old patient
- Virtual sex: The internet is inspiring a new type of literary love affair
- ‘My wife lets me have affairs’: One ‘happily’ married man defends unusual arrangement (which sees him juggling TEN other women)
- have you got a tale to tell about your adultery or affair?
- A woman scorned